THE LONGEST DAY - D-Day battle-set
Years of planning culminate in The Longest Day, the long-awaited invasion begins with the assault on the beaches of Normandy; D-Day 6th June 1944...
The longest day
Normandy, 6 June 1944. The Allies undertake the largest and most ambitious amphibious landings in history to return the fight to western Europe.
Re-create the turning point of the war, that allowed the Allies to gain a foothold in Europe and which was to set the stage for the Axis downfall.
This set contains:
- 2x LCVP landing craft
- 1x AT/Flak bunker
- 1x Coastal Defence bunker
- 2x German Pak 40 ATG (for inside the bunkers)
- Craters/shell holes
- 1x Duplex Drive Sherman with lowered screens
- 32x plastic US Infantry
- 16x plastic German Grenadiers
- 2x MG 42 MMG teams
- 4x US Army casualties
- 2x US Engineers carrying Bangalore torpedoes
- 2x MMG sandbag emplacements
- Set of battlefield accessories
- 2m of barbed wire
Models supplied unassembled and unpainted