CODEX: THOUSAND SONS (HB)
Chaos Space Marines are the corrupt and treacherous fallen brethen of the proud Adeptus Astartes. Driven by hatred and worship of the gods of Chaos, these once noble warriors bring hellish weaponry to slaughter the armies of the Emperor.
Death to the False Emperor!
Codex: Thousand Sons contains a wealth of background and rules – the definitive book for Thousand Sons collectors. Within this 104-page hardback, you’ll find:
- Legion of Tzeentch: the history of the Thousand Sons, from their formation, the harnessing of the flaw that granted psychic mutations, and their near-destruction during the Horus Heresy at the iconic battle against the Space Wolves on their homeworld of Prospero;
- The Planet of the Sorcerers: details on this nightmarish world of daemons, from which the Thousand Sons launch their raids, and which has been drawn through the veil by Magnus the Red into the Emperor’s domain;
- An overview of the Legion’s organisation, with details of the 9 cults it is divided into;
- Hosts of the Psyker Lords: 12 examples of the uniforms, colour schemes and iconography of Thousand Sons sects; - A galactic map featuring key flashpoints and summoning rituals of the Thousand Sons;
- The Prism of Warfare: details of the sinister methods of war that these warriors mete out;
- A timeline covering major battles and events in their history, from the Horus Heresy to the Great Rift;
- Background and details on each character and unit available to a Thousand Sons army;
- A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, with example armies featuring everything from individual images of models to battle scenes on terrain.
Everything you need to get a Thousand Sons army primed for games of Warhammer 40,000 is in here:
- 26 datasheets providing rules for every Thousand Sons unit and miniature;
- Army abilities reflecting the Thousand Sons’ methods of war on the tabletop;
- Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games;
- Sons of Magnus: rules for Battle-forged armies, including:
- 3 Psychic disciplines – Discipline of Change, Dark Hereticus Discipline and Tzeentch Discipline – each featuring 6 psychic powers;
- 22 unique Stratagems;
- 6 unique Warlord Traits;
- Sorcerous Arcana: 13 weapons and artefacts available only to Thousand Sons;
- 6 unique Tactical Objectives.